Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Christmas Party
We hosted the Christmas Party for our NOW group at our house. We had a lot of fun, but I didn't get many pictures.
We made wrapping paper. We have a tile floor in our garage with a coin pattern. We used muffin tin rubbing crayons on a 36" wide roll of paper. The rubbings came out beautiful and each kids took home a 10' roll of wrapping paper.
We made Salt & Light candles. I colored salt with food coloring. I just added a few drops to the salt in a ziplock and squished it around until it was well blended. The kids layered salt in small glass jars and then we added a tea light. I had a verse about being Salt & Light printed to a card that was tied around the candle. The kids took these home as a gift they could give.
We made Candy Cane ornaments. The kids stacked red and white tri-beads on pipecleaners. Then we hooked the end like a Candy Cane.
We read the Christmas story. I used What God Wants For Christmas to tell the story to the kids. I found color pages from each day for the kids to take home.
We ate lunch and decorated cupcakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment