Monday, December 3, 2007

Madeline

Instead of reading one Madeline story for our FIAR book, we checked out Mad About Madeline; The Complete Tales by Ludwig Bemelmans. It was so fun to read each story several times. It's hard to see here, but L added a dark sky and raindrops to this scene. I've found it's much easier to read to my 3 if they color as I read.
We practiced counting by 2's. We divided things in 1/2 (2 straight lines). L cut veggies for our dinner...in half. Then we put one in the left pile...one in the right pile until we had 2 straight lines. Then we counted 2, 4, 6, 8....
I got a great travel map of Paris from AAA.
We laid on the floor and I quizzed the kids on map skills. L has N,E,S,W down. And he quickly explained how you could tell what was a river...where there was a bridge...and where there were green spaces. This map also has great axons of landmarks.

We ate at Crepes de Paris. It was fun to enjoy the bistro atmosphere. It's great to reminisce too. M and I lived in the loft apartments when we were first married.

We also watched Ratatouille. And I printed some pages from their online activity book. It was fun to color the city of Paris...and the kids loved the rats. We used glitter glue to add sparkle to the City of Lights (you can't see the sparkle when I scanned the page).

No comments: