Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Amy's Farm

L's account of our fieldtrip
Address: 7698 Eucalyptus Ave. Ontario, CA. 91762 Admission cost: $5 per person I went with my NOW group. My mom, my brother, and my sister. This place is known for taking the baby cows from the neighboring farms to take care of them. I think the most special or unique thing about this place is that a family actually lives there. I saw kids go through a secret gate into their fort. The first thing I noticed was the roosters. We heard them crowing when we were getting out of the car.

I learned how to feed a baby cow. That was my favorite part of the day. It was my favorite because it was new to me. The big bottle was silly looking. And, the baby cow sucked so hard that it was difficult to hold the bottle.

Another favorite thing I saw was baby chicks. I also got to feed a pig, pet the goats, pet a sheep, and hold a bunny rabbit.
What surprised me the most was how big a cow actually is. This is Mama Tina. She is 12 years old, and has had 8 babies. She is about 5' Tall and 9' long. She is a Swiss Cow.
I didn’t like the goats, because I thought they were going to eat my shirt.
I would tell someone not to miss holding the bunnies. They’re so soft.
The weather was hot. Next time I won’t forget my hat. On a scale of 1 to 5 I would rate this place… a 363. Because…I loved feeding the cows. And here's Gus. We saw him at the very end.

1 comment:

A. said...

Fun! I'm so glad you guys got to go there. I have been a couple times with a mommy group and it really is a great place for the kids to get hands on experience. We are now planning to go again soon with our homeschool group.

(Last time I went mama Tina was 9 months pregnant!)