We had our first NOW meeting. It went great. I'm sure that it was all the prayer that went into the morning. We met at the K's house at 10am. (I stopped at the park for 30 minutes of play time on the way. That helped the boys to have fewer wiggles when it came to learning.) The morning started with prayer, the Pledge of Allegiance, and America the Beautiful. Then we split into 2 groups (each with 3 moms). The preschoolers stayed in the house to play. And the K (kindergartners) group went out to the pool house. Since we're doing pre-K with T at home, he gets to be a part of our NOW days. I know he's enjoying himself...just look at his face.


A & S did a great job of leading the morning. The kids brainstormed about traveling internationally.

They were fingerprinted for their passports. (I need to get these photos from S so I may add them later.) They colored and cut the continents.

And they decorated the front of their NOW notebook.

We'll be studying 26 countries this year. * Australia * Brazil * Panama * Paraguay * Argentina * U.S.A. * Mexico * Canada * Italy * France * United Kingdom * Holland * Germany * Switzerland * Iraq * Israel * Kenya * Egypt * Malawi * South Africa * Rwanda * Russia * Cambodia * India * Japan * China * And we'll be going on field trips as a group once a month. As a family, we're going to try to have a field trip or a backyard learning time once a week. This is the kind of school that is better recorded in photos. So, I hope to update here with each country we study, and each place we visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment